Other Public Participation Opportunities
1. Flood Hazard Areas
On July 14, 2021, Mountain View County Council deferred amendments to address Flood Hazard Areas in the Municipal Development Plan and Land Use Bylaw.
For more information call Planning & Development Services at: 403-335-3311 or email: email@example.com
2. Upper Red Deer River Flood Study
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT CONDUCTED OR OVERSEEN BY MOUNTAIN VIEW COUNTY
- The County has included this due to its importance to the residents in the affected portion of the County.
- This information is being produced by Alberta Environment and Parks regarding the flood inundation maps that support local emergency response.
- Future engagements will be on the flood hazard maps that define the floodways.
For a history of updates and a listing of the Study Update Notices, please visit our Government Information Page.
The Government of Alberta social media channels with posts about this engagement opportunity:
- @AB_Enviro – Alberta Environment and Parks Twitter
- YourAlberta Twitter
- YourAlberta Facebook Page
LUB Public Hearings
To view upcoming public hearings for land-use redesignations please visit: Land Use Public Hearings
Questions, concerns about the Statutory Public Hearing Process? Call the County office at 403-335-3311 and ask for Planning & Development Services, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the Provincial Government updated the Municipal Government Act in 2017 it became a requirement that municipalities implement a Public Participation Policy that outlined how municipalities would inform and - where required - actively engage their public.
On June 13, 2018, Mountain View County Council approved Policy #1030 Public Participation.