Area Structure Plans are important documents that provide a sustainable land-use planning framework that will guide future subdivision and development with the areas designated in the Area Structure Plan. The purpose of reviewing Area Structure Plans is to ensure they conform with the County's Municipal Development Plan.
Steering Committees have been or are being formed comprised of County representatives, planning staff, community members and, where necessary, representative from our Urban neighbours.
Please revisit this page for updates, including meeting announcements, agendas and minutes as the ASP Steering Committees continue their progress on these documents. To view current and recently approved Area Structure Plans please visit our Planning and Development Documents Page.
Contact MVC Planning and Development Services at 403-335-3311 during office hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Monday to Friday.
South McDougal Flats Area Structure Plan
On February 9th Council approved the South McDougal Flats Area Structure Plan (ASP) Review as part of the Planning and Development workplan for 2022. A Steering Committee was appointed on March 23, 2022 including:
- Councillors: Reeve Angela Aalbers, Depty Reeve Greg Harris, and Councillor Gord Krebs
- Town of Sundre Representative: Mayor Richard Warnock
- McDougal Flats Area Protection Society representative Robin Tudor
- Public members: Robert Killeleagh, Cindy Iverson, Greg Campkin and Kevin Saunders
Upcoming Steering Committee Meetings:
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 1 PM
- South McDougal Flats ASP Steering Committee Terms of Reference
- South McDougal Flats ASP Terms of Reference
- South McDougal Flats ASP Map
For more information:
- Dolu Gonzalez, Planner
- 403-335-3311 ext 186