If you would like to submit your application we recommend starting the application process using our CityView portal system. Using this system provide a more streamlined and efficient processing of your application.
If you have any questions about your application then please call 403-335-3311.
Redesignation and Subdivision
Redesignation and Subdivision Brochures
- Development Agreements
- Land Use Plans & Policies
- Public Hearings
- Rural Addressing
- Subdivision Conditions
- Subdividing & Developing in ESA's
Development & Building Permits
Permits must be obtained prior to starting any development or building.
Building Permits in Mountain View County are issued in accordance with the Alberta Safety Code Act to ensure that new construction meets provincial safety codes. You may apply for a Building Permit once you have a Development Permit. Many people submit both applications at the same time however your Building Permit will not be issued until the Development Permit has been approved.
Building Permits are required to ensure your construction meets provincial safety codes. Your insurance may not cover a claim for an accident if you do not have a Building Permit in place.
- In accordance with the Safety Codes Act Permit Regulations 16 (1), work is to commence within 90 days of a permit issuance and is not to be abandoned for more than 120 days or the permit will expire. If the building permit expires, you must reapply for a new permit.
Electrical, Plumbing, Gas and Private Sewage permits may also be required, these are issued through the County office.
Development Permit Applications
Building/Safety Code Permit Applications
Building and Safety Codes Permit applications are not required to be completed if you are applying via the CityView Portal method however you will be required to submit the Owner Authorization form. Contact Permitting at 403-335-3311 if you have any questions.
- Owner Authorization
- Building Permit
- Building Permit Commercial, Industrial & Institutional
- Electrical Permit
- Gas Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Private Sewage
Supplemental Forms and Checklists
- Detached Garage/Accessory Buildings
- Manufactured-Modular Dwellings
- Wood Stove - Solid Fuel Burning Application
- National Energy Code Requirements
Development and Building Brochures
- Accessory Buildings
- Aggregate Extraction Processing (gravel pits)
- Building Permits
- Business Rules & Regulations
- Development Permits
- Dwelling Density
- Dwelling Units
- Pole Sheds & Post Structures
- Property Line Setbacks
- Sea Can Containers
Rural Living Guides / Green Acreages