Public Participation Opportunities
1. Former Campbell Pit Future Use Engagement
The survey on the Campbell Pit Day Use Park Viability is now closed.
An Open House will be scheduled in the coming weeks to present the findings of the survey and to garner further feedback from the community.
On September 8, 2021, Mountain View County Council directed that Administration prepare a project sheet on the Campbell Pit Day Use Area for the 2022 Budget Discussions.
Please Note: There currently are no applications involving the former Campbell Pit property. The survey was part of a public engagement process to determine whether or not support exists for a limited use day use area on the property, limited by the parameters of the conservation easement signed with the Legacy Land Trust Foundation.
To view the video property tour of the Campbell Pit property visit the County YouTube Channel.
For more information on the next steps of the Campbell Pit Future Use public engagement process, please contact Jane Fulton, Assistant Director of Legislative, Community and Agricultural Services at 403-335-3311, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statutory Public Hearings
2. Eagle Valley Area Structure Plan - Bylaw No. 23/21
- Received First Reading: June 9, 2021
- Public Hearing Date: September 8, 2021 deferred at Second Reading to gather more information
- Public Hearing Reconvenes: September 29, 2021 at or after 9 a.m. (In Person or Virtual Meeting, Via Zoom)
- Proposed Bylaw No. 23/21 (click to view)
3. Municipal Development Plan Bylaw No. 20/20 Amendments - Bylaw No. 25/21
- Received First Reading: September 8, 2021
- Public Hearing Date: October 13, 2021 at 1 p.m. (In Person or Virtual Meeting, Via Zoom)
- Proposed Bylaw No. 25/21 (click to view)
Other Public Participation Opportunities
4. Flood Hazard Areas
On July 14, 2021, Mountain View County Council deferred amendments to address Flood Hazard Areas in the Municipal Development Plan and Land Use Bylaw until after the 2021 Alberta Municipal Elections.
For more information call Planning & Development Services at: 403-335-3311 or email: email@example.com
5. Upper Red Deer River Flood Study
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT CONDUCTED OR OVERSEEN BY MOUNTAIN VIEW COUNTY
- The County has included this due to its importance to the residents in the affected portion of the County.
- This information is being produced by Alberta Environment and Parks regarding the flood inundation maps that support local emergency response.
- Future engagements will be on the flood hazard maps that define the floodways.
For a history of updates and a listing of the Study Update Notices, please visit our Government Information Page.
The Government of Alberta social media channels with posts about this engagement opportunity:
LUB Public Hearings
To view upcoming public hearings for land-use redesignations please visit: Land Use Public Hearings (Updated 04/14/2021)
Questions, concerns about the Statutory Public Hearing Process? Call the County office at 403-335-3311 and ask for Planning & Development Services, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resident Feedback Surveys
Check back for Future Opportunities!
When the Provincial Government updated the Municipal Government Act in 2017 it became a requirement that municipalities implement a Public Participation Policy that outlined how municipalities would inform and - where required - actively engage their public.
On June 13, 2018, Mountain View County Council approved Policy #1030 Public Participation.