When the Provincial Government updated the Municipal Government Act in 2017 it became a requirement that municipalities implement a Public Participation Policy that outlined how municipalities would inform and - where required - actively engage their public.
On June 13, 2018, Mountain View County Council approved Policy #1030 Public Participation.
Statutory Public Hearings
1. Municipal Development Plan
- Received First Reading: October 14, 2020
- Public Hearing was held November 18, 2020. Thank you for the input!
- The proposed Bylaw No. 20/20, along with further suggested amendments from the public hearing, will return to Council for consideration at the Wednesday, December 2, 2020 regular Council Meeting.
Review the proposed bylaw at the first link below:
- Bylaw No. 20/20 - Municipal Development Plan Review
2. County/Town of Olds Intermunicipal Development Plan
- Received First Reading: October 14, 2020 - Joint Public Hearing: November 25, 2020 at or after 1:00 p.m. Via Zoom - No in-person attendance due to COVID-19 measures.
Review the proposed bylaw at the first link below, and find out how to get involved by reviewing the public hearing notice at the second link:
- Bylaw No. 19/20 - MVC/Town of Olds Intermunicipal Development Plan
- Updated: Notice of Joint Public Hearing - MVC/Town of Olds Intermunicipal Development Plan
LUB Public Hearings
To view upcoming public hearings for land-use redesignations please visit: Land Use Public Hearings (Updated 11/03/2020)
Questions, concerns about the Statutory Public Hearing Process? Call the County office at 403-335-3311 and ask for Planning & Development Services, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Public Participation Opportunities
1. Coal Camp Hamlet - Red Deer River Bank Armouring Project
A live and interactive Virtual Town Hall Meeting was held on Tuesday, November 17th, starting at 7 pm.
On audio file of the event will be posted here for those who did not participate on the evening. Thank you to the community for the questions and strong turnout.
The town hall provided information regarding river bank amouring work to be carried out in 2021 adjacent to the Coal Camp Hamlet located on the west end of Division 5.
The Virtual Telephone Town Hall featured a PowerPoint Presentation on the proposed project as it sits at this early stage. View it at the below link: