Municipal Elections in Alberta are held every four years. The next election year is 2021.
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021
Municipal Elections in Mountain View County offer an opportunity for the electorate to vote for their Division Councillor; Public or Separate School Division Trustee; Senate Elections; any Municipal Plebiscite or Provincial Referendum.
In Mountain View County, there are seven (7) Division Councillor positions open to eligible candidates.
- Map of Mountain View County Electoral Divisions (Click thumbnail image to expand):
Residents of Mountain View County are eligible to run for the Councillor position in the Division they reside (see details in the links below).
- Nomination Deadline Day: Monday, September 20, 2021 (from 8 am to 12 noon)
- **Nominations can be accepted at any point between now and the deadline.
Nomination packages and other information pertaining to the 2021 Municipal Election are available at the below links:
- Updated Local Authorities Election Act (Gov of Ab website)
- 2021 Municipal Election Interested Candidates Package
- Form 4 Nomination Paper and Candidates's Acceptance
- Form 5 Candidate Information
- Municipal Election Bylaw No 07-21 (Amended 5/12/2021)
Who Can Vote
Eligible residents of Mountain View County can vote in the 2021 Municipal Elections provided they are:
- At least 18 years old
- Canadian Citizen
- Resident of the division on Election Day
- Provide one piece of authorized identification
Where & When To Vote
Voting on Election Day and in Advance Polls will be available at multiple locations around Mountain View County:
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021: 10 am to 8 pm – Locations to follow
- Advanced Polls:
Mountain View County will require election workers for the 2021 Municipal Elections to staff polling stations.
Full training provided; excellent opportunity to learn new skills.
Staff for these positions will not be selected until after nomination day on September 20, 2021; but apply ASAP to get your name on the list!