Municipal Elections in Alberta are held every four years. The next election year is 2021.
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021
Municipal Elections in Mountain View County offer an opportunity for the electorate to vote for their Division Councillor; Public or Separate School Division Trustee; Senate Elections; any Municipal Plebiscite or Provincial Referendum.
- Senate Election & Referendum Proclamation - Posted August 10, 2021
In Mountain View County, there are seven (7) Division Councillor positions open to eligible candidates.
- Map of Mountain View County Electoral Divisions (Click thumbnail image to expand):
The following nomination papers have been accepted by the Returning Officer. These submissions are now official as of Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 at 12:00 pm (Noon).
Italics denotes incumbent candidate where relevant.
- Fulton, Dwayne
- Shaw, Edward James
- Harris, Greg - Acclaimed
- Aubrey, Marlene
- Hickok, Allan
- Mickleborough, Bryce James
- Miller, Alan
- Bowhay, Jim
- Krebs, Gord
- LaBrie, Sean
- Rose, Eric
- Aalbers, Angela
- McCharles, Christina
- Bewick, Karen
- Johnson, Peggy (Margaret)
- Radford, Patrick A.P.
- Doyle, David John
- Hogarth, Alex
- Lutz, Jennifer
Who Can Vote
Eligible residents of Mountain View County can vote in the 2021 Municipal Elections provided they are:
- At least 18 years old
- Canadian Citizen
- Resident of the division on Election Day
- Provide one piece of authorized identification
Where & When To Vote
Voting on Election Day and in Advance Polls will be available at multiple locations around Mountain View County:
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021: 10 am to 8 pm – Locations to follow
- Advanced Polls:
Mountain View County will require election workers for the 2021 Municipal Elections to staff polling stations.
Full training provided; excellent opportunity to learn new skills.
Staff for these positions will not be selected until after nomination day on September 20, 2021; but apply ASAP to get your name on the list!
- Christofer Atchison, Returning Officer
- 403-335-3311 ext 114