In mid to late Spring of each year, Mountain View County residents will receive a combined Assessment / Tax Notice, which indicates the value of property they own, and the amount of taxes to be paid on that property.
Tax rates cannot be appealed, however, individual assessment notices can be appealed. Please see Assessment FAQ's in this menu for more information on Assessment Appeal.
Property taxes are due: Monday, September 16, 2019.
Any outstanding balance after September 16, 2019 will be subject to a 2% penalty applied monthly commencing on September 17, 2019.
How do I order a Tax Certificate?
For questions or concerns regarding your tax account balance or how to remit a payment please contact the County Tax Department at 403-335-3311 ext 156 or 181.
There are a number methods available to ratepayers for payment of taxes:
Monthly Pre-Authorized Payment Plan - Mountain View County offers a monthly payment option. If you sign up after January 31st a lump sum payment will be required. The amount of the lump sum payment is equal to the amount that would have been paid had you been enrolled in the Tax Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) program since January.
- For more details on how the monthly payment plan works refer to the Tax Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Application or contact the County Tax Department at 403-335-3311 extension 156.
How do you Sign-up?
You will need to complete the Tax Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Application form and include a void cheque. Your tax notice will show your monthly payment amounts.
You can mail, fax (403 335-9207), or drop your application by the County Office.
Electronically - You can pay your County bills over the phone, or via the internet, through your own bank.
Getting started is easy. Three simple steps and you're underway:
- You will need your bank card, password, either the phone number or internet address listed below and the amount of your bill
- Once you have connected to your bank, just follow the simle steps your bank will walk you through
- The first time you pay a Mountain View County bill, you will need your Customer Number from your bill (it starts with a "C" for a regular account or "T" in the case of a Tax Notice)
Note: Pre-registration is required if you do not currently use electronic banking services. Just phone the Customer Service number for your bank to get started.
Participating Banks include:
- Royal Bank 1-800-769-2511
- Bank of Montreal 1-800-363-9992
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)1-800-465-2422
- Scotia Bank 1-800-267-1234
- Alberta Treasury Branch 1-800-661-9619
- Alberta Credit Unions 1-800-307-8353
- TD Canada Trust 1-866-222-3456
Mail - Send a cheque to Mountain View County, Postal Bag 100, Didsbury Alberta, TOM OWO
In person - Visit the County office during regular office hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday); located at 1408 Twp. Rd. 320.