The Agriculture Service Board of Mountain View County has an equipment rental program available to assist land owners and lease holders of County lands in controlling their weeds:
- Pull behind sprayers capable of spraying a 30 foot span, equipped with approximately a 400 gallon tank, boomless nozzles and hand wand. Designed to be used in pasture land situation with its tandem walking beam axle. Power connection needed to operate the solenoids. Four are available for use, each powered by Honda motor, free of charge
- Slide in skid mounted sprayer capable of spraying a 30 foot span, equipped with a 125 gallon tank, boomless nozzles and hand wand, free of charge
- For small area weed control and spot spraying assistance please contact the Mountain View County Agricultural Department at email@example.com
Range & Pasture Sprayer Guidelines
- A review of the sprayer, use and safe operation along with signing of a liability release will be done at the time of pick-up
- A walk around inspection of the sprayer is done at drop off and pick-up by County Agricultural staff, a record of inspection is kept. Incurred damages will be invoiced to the appropriate user
- Only clean potable quality water shall be used in the sprayer
- Only range and pasture labeled herbicides are allowed to be used in the sprayer. Landowners will provide all of their own herbicide and use in an appropriate manner, consistent with recommended label uses
- The user of the sprayer has to supply all of their own safety equipment
- The suggested maximum speed while spraying is 2 to 6 mph
- The user is responsible for calibration
- The County does supply a general application speed chart
- The County is not responsible for any misapplications or spills
- When the landowner is finished using the sprayer it is to be returned to the Agricultural Department yard in Didsbury. Please call the County Agricultural Services office to advise of expected time of arrival
Please Click to review the Sprayer Calibration Information
Livestock Management Equipment Rentals
Solar Water Pumping System
Mountain View County has a portable watering system that can be used by County residents free of charge. The watering system is lent out for two weeks at a time to producers wanting to demo an off-site watering system before purchasing one. The system incorporates a pump that uses solar energy to move water from a riparian source to another location for cattle.
The advantage of the system is:
- The ability to keep livestock away from sensitive riparian areas
- Reduced manure buildup in riparian areas/water source
- Cost effective water resources for livestock
- Improved water quality
- System can be used in open water (dugout or stream) or in a well
Cost is $40.00/day and a $150.00 damage deposit is required, contact 403-335-3311.
Tag Reader Gallagher SmartReader HR3
Mountain View County in partnership with Alberta Agriculture has a Gallagher Smart Reader HR3 available free of charge to County residents. It can be used for reading the RFID tags and for the age verification of livestock. The Gallagher tag reader comes with a weigh scale comms/power cable, 12 volt battery cable, Bluetooth RS232 adaptor with short extension cable, USB to RS232 cable, instruction manual, 12V DC battery charger (100-240 VAC), and MyScale Pro cd.
Some other uses of the SmartReader HR3 are: easy identification of individual animals, fast access to accurate information, automated drafting, reduced paperwork, full integration with other data bases, accurate record keeping for breeding, monitor animal health risks, full traceability for consumers, and enough memory for 5,000 tags. Click to view regulations on livestock traceability.
Pest Control Equipment Rentals
- Skunk Traps
- Pocket Gopher Traps
- Trail Camera
Tree Planting Equipment Rentals
- Tree Planter and crew for $65.00/hour
- Plastic Mulcher, free of charge, user must supply their own plastic mulch, click to viewPlastic Mulch Retailers
Please contact the Agricultural Department to book and arrange pickup for any of the items listed above at 403-335-3311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.