Mountain View County, in accordance with provincial regulations regarding social distancing and workplace health and safety, have instituted a work from home procedure for County staff whose job duties can be continued from a remote setting.
This change in service delivery model may have an impact on response time to public inquiries and we ask those calling or emailing the County to expect some delays. As staff adjust to this new reality in service delivery the expectation is response time, depending on volumes, will be updated and improved.
Outside staff continue to adapt their work routines around social distancing and enhanced hygiene practices. Service-wise Operations continues to monitor County roadways as the Spring cycle of freeze-thaw takes its annual toll on infrastructure. We will continue to update the public on County outside service levels.
We also ask for the public’s understanding and patience as staff adapt to these new service models. Currently, the best way to contact the County during business hours is at 403-335-3311 or email at email@example.com.
“The importance of planning for events such as COVID 19 is being demonstrated by our ability to continue to provide the essential services to residents. On behalf of Council, I thank all of our staff for their efforts and thank the public for their support and patience as together we deal with this very dynamic situation.”
- Mountain View County Reeve Bruce Beattie
In partner organization news, RCMP in Alberta have updated the status of public access to local detachments. To see more please follow the enclosed link:
Also, our partners at the Town of Sundre also closed their administration office to the public. All urban partners within the County boundaries have closed their offices and municipal facilities to the public, but are serving the public through phone and email services.
The County has posted links to all our partners, along with Federal and Provincial agencies on our website:
- Mountain View County facilities including the Administration office and all shop locations are closed to the public. These closures are in effect until April 1, 2020 and will be re-evaluated closer to that date.
- County-owned facilities that are managed by a third party, including the Olds-Didsbury Airport, the Sundre Airport, and the Westward Ho Campground remain open at this time. The status of these facilities continues to be evaluated between County officials and the management groups in accordance to any provincial restrictions put in place.
- County, Provincial, Federal and our Urban Partner’s information links will continue to be posted to www.mountainviewcounty.com/content/covid-19-updates. Updates will also be posted on County social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- County staff remain available to the public via telephone and email during regular office hours of 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Please contact the County during those hours at 403-335-3311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While the County’s business continuity plan calls for continuation of core services to our public; service levels, projects and other programs will be re-evaluated during this increasingly fluid situation.