The Forest Protection Area will under a Ministerial Order – FIREBAN as of April 15th, 2020.
This includes two portions of Mountain View County:
- West of RR 54 from Twp Rd 310 to the South Boundary (covered by Calgary Ag & Forestry office - 403-297-8800 or 310-0000 toll free). This is a thin strip that extends southward from TR 310 in all lands west of RR 54.
- West of RR 60 from Twp Rd 312 to the North Boundary (covered by Rocky Mtn. House Ag & Forestry office - 403-845-8272 or 310-0000 toll free). This includes communities like Coal Camp, Bearberry and areas west of RR 60.
- PLEASE NOTE: Mountain View County Fire Permits are NOT VALID for theses areas under any conditions. Permits are provided by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry offices when bans are not in effect.
The order includes the following:
- All fire permits are to be suspended
- No new fires are allowed
- This order applies to all land including privately owned land within the FPA
- Fireban system approved activities list can be located here
- Wood fires on public land are prohibited (camp fires etc)
- Wood fires in campgrounds prohibited
- Wood fires on private land including backyard fire pits prohibited
- Fires using Charcoal Briquettes prohibited
- Fireworks prohibited
- Exploding Targets prohibited
- Propane, Gas, Catalytic cooking devices, heaters and CSA approved fire pits will be allowed
Please read the Ministerial Order in detail for full information.
Please also refer folks to the Alberta Firebans Link: www.albertafirebans.ca
Please direct questions to the FYI fire line – 1-866-FYI-FIRE (1-866-394-3473)
Please also note fines are being doubled for non-compliance with a Fireban.