Westward Ho Campground is a County-owned facility just south off of Highway 27 nestled against the Little Red Deer River that is managed and maintained by a third party management group.
Taking their lead from the provincial government the Westward Ho Campers Association as of March 24, 2020 has closed the campground to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Year-round campers can access their trailer for removal, but facilities, including toilets, showers, laundry, playgrounds, picnic shelters, and the hall are closed.
All events and programs have been cancelled. Procedures are in place to practice appropriate social distancing and reduce the potential of exposure to COVID-19. Anyone wishing to access the campground is required to contact the campground manager at 403-556-2568 for further instructions prior to entry.
The Westward Ho Campers Association will continue to assess impacts of COVID-19 for the upcoming season. Individuals wishing to cancel their current reservations must contact the campground manager at the above number.
PREVIOUS COUNTY ACTIONS:
- Mountain View County facilities including the Administration office and all shop locations are closed to the public. These closures are in effect until April 1, 2020 and will be re-evaluated closer to that date.
- Mountain View County, in accordance with provincial regulations regarding social distancing and workplace health and safety, have instituted a work from home procedure for County staff whose job duties can be continued from a remote setting.
- Outside staff continue to adapt their work routines around social distancing and enhanced hygiene practices. Service-wise Operations continues to monitor County roadways as the Spring cycle of freeze-thaw takes its annual toll on infrastructure. We will continue to update the public on County outside service levels.
- County-owned facilities managed by a third party that remain open, include the Olds-Didsbury Airport, the Sundre Airport. The status of these facilities continues to be evaluated between County officials and the management groups in accordance to any provincial restrictions put in place.
- County, Provincial, Federal and our Urban Partner’s information links will continue to be posted to www.mountainviewcounty.com/content/covid-19-updates. Updates will also be posted on County social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
County staff remain available to the public via telephone and email during regular office hours of 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Please contact the County during those hours at 403-335-3311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.