Attention Cremona and Area Residents
Mountain View County 2013 Recreation and Culture Funding will soon be available.
Cremona and District Recreation Board will be accepting applications from organizations to fund Recreation and Culture projects in the Cremona and Water Valley areas for 2013.
Application forms for 2013 Recreation Funding are now available!
Mountain View Region Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan- March, 2009
The Mountain View Region Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan serves as a guide to help municipal and community leaders alike make informed decisions about the future of parks, recreation and cultural facility, program and service development. The Master Plan focuses on public parks, recreation and cultural facilities operated by individual municipalities, along with those that are operated in partnership with community organizations.
The overall objective of the planning process was to develop a comprehensive, longterm (five to ten year) sustainable strategy for parks, recreation and cultural facilities in the Mountain View region. This Master Plan:
- Provides a vision and long-term plan for the region that is founded on sound financial analysis and recommendations for future sustainability.
- Has established a solid understanding of stakeholder, partner and citizen needs through a comprehensive community engagement process.
- Acts as a guide for all public parks, recreation and cultural facilities operated by specific jurisdictions, as well as those operated in partnership.
- Provides a community prioritization process that both community and municipal leaders can use to determine future facility development priorities.
- Positions the Mountain View region to take advantage of future grant and financial opportunities that can be accessed for facility development.
- Provides an implementation plan that reflects the parks, recreation and culture facility plan, as identified by community, stakeholder and user group priorities.