Planning and Development Services guides the development in the County to ensure a quality rural lifestyle while preserving the agricultural character.
Planning and Development oversees:
- The Municipal Development Plan (MDP), which serves as the framework for planning and development decisions in the County.
- Area Structure Plans that provide information to a potential developer regarding the amount, and appropriate types of development, permitted within the plan area; and guidance for Council when making decisions on development proposals for specific parcels of land.
- The Land Use Bylaw, which is designed to regulate and control the use and development of land and buildings within the County.
- Redesignation and subdivision and property in the County.
- Issuance of Building and Development permits as well as full permitting services.
Planning & Development Services News
Aggregate Payment Levy Amendments
- Proposed amendments to the Community Aggregate Payment Levy - Bylaw 141: Amending Bylaw 06/18
Third reading for this amending bylaw will be consider by Council on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at or after 9 a.m.
Municipal Development Plan / Land Use Bylaw Amendments (ESA's)
- Information package regarding proposed amendments to the MDP and LUB: Package from Feb. 28/18 Council Meeting
Council will be holding a joint public hearing for the two proposed amending bylaws before considering second and third reading on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at or after 9 a.m.