Planning and Development Services guides the development in the County to ensure a quality rural lifestyle while preserving the agricultural character.
Planning and Development oversees:
- The Municipal Development Plan (MDP), which serves as the framework for planning and development decisions in the County.
- Area Structure Plans that provide information to a potential developer regarding the amount, and appropriate types of development, permitted within the plan area; and guidance for Council when making decisions on development proposals for specific parcels of land.
- The Land Use Bylaw, which is designed to regulate and control the use and development of land and buildings within the County.
- Redesignation and subdivision and property in the County.
- Issuance of Building and Development permits as well as full permitting services.
Planning & Development Services News
Proposed Land Use Bylaw Changes - June 2017
The County is proposing changes to the Land Use Bylaw, with a public hearing for the amending bylaw No. 02/17 starting on Tuesday June 20, 2017 at or after 9 a.m.; continuing after 9 a.m., on June 21st; and after 9 a.m. on June 23rd. Therefore, a decision can only be made on June 23rd.
This hearing will be held in Council Chambers at the County office.
Below is the Proposed Amending Bylaw and the outlines of the two recommended changes: