Lonepine, Rosebud; Parts of Westerdale, Westcott, Wessex and Midway
I have resided in Division 3 all of my life and currently live east of Didsbury with my family. I have operated my own agricultural related business for the past three years. I am currently the president of the Lone Pine Agricultural Society. I am also involved in the local 4-H club and am a director for the Carstairs 4-1-1 Steer Show and Sale.
Some of the issues I intend to address include:
- The preservation of some of the best farmland in the country, and preserve the right to farm:
- Accountability to the public by the existing administration concerning spending
- What are we getting for this extra spending?
- Easier to understand communications prepared for County residents.
- More focus on providing better core services and less on competing with industry.
- To reconsider existing positions to determine efficiency for more productivity to benefit the residents of Mountain View County.
My most important job will be to represent the residents of Division 3 by listening to what the majority of the people want and communicating that opinion to council and the administration. Over the next three years there will be several difficult decisions to be made, therefore I strongly advise Division 3 residents to contact me with your concerns so YOU can be heard!