Century Farm Award
Mountain View County recognizes the achievement of century family farms within its boundaries, and endeavours to honour such an achievement by the presentation of a plaque:
To be eligible:
- The land must be continuously owned by the same family, having controlling interest, and/or be actively farmed or ranched for 100 years or more.
- The applicant must provide evidence clearly demonstrating the kinship ties between the applicant and the founder of the farm or ranch.
- The current homestead size should be at least 160 acres, i.e. a farm, not acreage. Special Council approval will be required for a family farm of less than 160 acres.
- The applicant must provide the following information:
- Legal Land Description:
- Original Homestead Established By
- Date of Homestead Establishment
- Plaque Requested By
- Telephone Number
- Evidence of Kinship (i.e. Father, Grandfather, etc.)
- Preferred Method of Presentation:
A bronze plaque measuring 15" x 12" with the following inscription will be presented to the family being honoured at a regular Council meeting.
To apply, or for more information, please contact:
403-335-3311 ext. 151
Alberta Century Farm Award
Families who have owned and operated the same land for 100 or more years in the province of Alberta may be eligible for the Alberta Century Farm and Ranch Award.
For more information, please click here.
For Homestead Search:
Alberta Community Development
Cultural Facilities and Historical Resources
8555 Roper Road
Edmonton, AB T6E 5W1
Telephone: (780) 427-1750
Fax: (780) 427-4646
Search homesteads online with the Index to Alberta Homestead Records - 1870 to 1930
For Land Titles Historical Search:
Historical Search Department
Calgary, AB T2P 2R4
Telephone: (403) 297-6511