Mountain View County’s tax deadline is the end of business day on Monday, September 17, 2018.
Anyone who has not yet paid their taxes for this year are invited to drop by the County office during regular weekday office hours of 8 am to 4 pm. Our tax department staff will help process your payment or answer any questions you may have.
There are several ways to also pay for taxes if you cannot make it by the office before the deadline:
- Online through your Financial Institution’s electronic banking service.
- Via the phone through your Financial Institution’s tele-banking service.
- In person at most Financial Institutions if tax notice is provided.
- Through the mail (Payments must be postmarked prior to the tax deadline).
- After regular business hours using the County Office drop-off box.
While the application deadline has passed for the 2018 monthly payment program, you can register for the 2019 program. Ask us about the tax-payment plan when you come in to pay your taxes, or by calling 403-335-3311 ext 156 or 181.
Please Note: If you purchased property after the 2018 Tax Assessment Notices were mailed or did not receive your notice, please contact the Tax Administrator (see above numbers) regarding any outstanding property taxes.
A late penalty of two percent is applied on any outstanding balances after this date.
Tax notices were sent out to landowners in May 2018.
For questions or concerns regarding your tax account balance or how to remit a payment please contact the County Tax Department at 403-335-3311 ext 156 or 181.